What is Content Marketing (SEO/SMO Writing)
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
"Marketing is impossible without great content"
- Regardless of what type of marketing tactics you use, content marketing should be part of your process, not something separate. Quality content is part of all forms of marketing.
Forms of Marketing:
- Social media marketing: Content marketing strategy comes before your social media strategy.
- SEO: Search engines reward businesses that publish quality, consistent content.
- PR: Successful PR strategies address issues readers care about, not their business.
- PPC: For PPC to work, you need great content behind it.
- Inbound marketing: Content is key to driving inbound traffic and leads.
- Content strategy: Content strategy is part of most content marketing strategies.
What is a Search Marketing?
Search marketing is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages primarily.
Two types of search marketing:
Search Engine Marketing (SEM):
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a form of internet advertising utilizing search engine results to promote brands and websites.
It is a paid media where advertisers bid of specific search keywords that when typed in, their ads are shown.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website and content so that it is visible to search engines.
Website SEO aims to make the information & services that your organization provide deemed most relevant (by the search engine) to match the keywords that their users are searching for.
- PPC – Pay Per Click
- CPC – Cost per Click
- Creative – Heading and description of search ad.
- SERP – Search Engine Results Page.
- CTR% - Click through Rate (as a percentage).
- Impressions – The number of times your ad is shown.
- Google Content Network – Display banner ads outside of Google.
- Rank/ Position – The position your ad is shown when a keyword is searched (1 through 8 for page 1).
- Quality score – A ranking Google gives your ad based on its CTR, relevance to the keyword & the landing page’s relevance & other factors.